Tuesday, December 18, 2007

An update I guess...

I figured I would post an update although there really isn't much to tell.

My dad is still in ICU. Things are still very up in the air. I just talked to my mom and she did tell me that when his feet are messed with that he has started pulling up his feet a little bit. It is unvoluntary movement, but at least it is something. He will take anything right now. He still is not responding to pain, sounds, voices, etc...

The neurologist saw him last night and ordered a whole battery of tests for today. Who knows when we will get the answers on them. I am not losing hope. I am hoping that come Christmas morning that he will be alert enough for us to visit him and celebrate with him.

I think everything finally hit me this morning. Up until now I have been pretty numb and shocked. I would have moments where I was okay and moments where I wasn't. Today has been a nightmare. I woke up feeling like my heart had cracked in half. Seriously, knowing that your father is that sick and there is not a damn thing you can do about it hurts more than anyone can imagine. ( unless they have already gone through it ). I keep replaying the events in my head. I keep having a a lot of what if's and maybe's play in my mind. No one was prepared for this. No one saw it coming. We are all still trying to figure out how to process it all.

Keep my dad in your prayers. We will take all we can get right now.

3 comments:

autumnrains said...

Jill, Matt and I are praying for your father and your family.
Love Carla

Anonymous said...

Continued prayers for you & your family. Please let me know if you need anything.

Heather (dmodechicky)

Hillary said...

This was not the news I was wanting to read when I pulled up your blog this morning. I feel kind of numb myself when reading it. Please know that you and your family are being lifted up in many prayers through this episode. I know that God's hand will make your father better in no time.
Remember that you and your family are loved by many people.
-Hillary

About Me

My photo
28 yr old Mom to two kids. I love photography, baseball (especially little league), and spending time with my kids. My friends are my lifeline and they keep me strong !!