Thursday, June 21, 2007

Thursday, Thursday, Thursday...

Thank Goodness it is Thursday. This week seems to keep dragging on and on and on.
Let's see, I was so busy yesterday that I didn't get a chance to post. I have been so good about going to the gym ( Thanks T !! ). I have managed to shed a couple of pounds this week which puts it at a total of 27 lbs lost !! I made a decision back in Febuary to lead a healthier life and I am so proud of myself for turning everything around. I am eating healthier, staying active and in return I am happier. I am now smaller than I was before I ever had my kids. Heck, I think I am smaller than I was when I graduated highschool !! LOL !! Today I am taking the day off. Why you might ask? Well I am excited to say that one of my old friends from highschool is bringing her little boy over tonight. We are going to play catch up and let the kids tear the upstairs up !! I haven't seen Lacie for probably 6-7 years and she is moving back to Houston. I couldn't be more excited !!

Oh, Chris and I have had some friends ( well we are friends with just the husband now ) going through a nasty nasty divorce. Truthfully I haven't see a divorce get this chaotic and nasty...ever !! Anyway, they went to mediation yesterday and FINALLY were able to agree on custody and everything. I think it is best for their son that they were able to come to this agreement. I used to be good friends with the wife, but quickly figured out that it was not a real friendship. The husband however is a close friend of ours. I never had a big brother growing up, but I look up to him like one now. This divorce has emotionally drained the husband and I truly hope that he is able to find happiness again and go on with his life. Actually I wish the same thing for the wife for the sake of their son !!

On another note I MIGHT be getting a promotion at work. A management position has come open and I am in consideration of it. It is in the marketing field again and I KNOW I would love it. I don't want to put too many details in here as I think it is bad luck, but I should know something in the next few days. I will post if I get the job.

Okay, well time to get focused on work and get this Thursday over so I can enjoy my evening with Lacie and get to meet her little boy !!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
28 yr old Mom to two kids. I love photography, baseball (especially little league), and spending time with my kids. My friends are my lifeline and they keep me strong !!