Monday, August 27, 2007

First Day of School...

Ry starts first grade today. I took him on Friday to meet the teacher. AWWWWWWW !!! He is growing up so fast. He was soooo excited for today. This comes as a shock to me b/c at the end of the school year last year he told me he was never going back. A Kindergarten drop out....what fun !! I am glad he changed his mind and has decided to continue his education. I am really tired of reading the screens on the x-box games and gameboy. I took him to get his haircut yesterday. It is back in full on military style. I don't know why I keep it so short, but I can't stand the scruffy look. Oh this brings me back to the M.A.S.K. days !! Okay, some of you know what I am talking about...others do not. Please let me take a minute to explain. When Ry and Rae were little I was known for keeping them extremely well groomed and cleaned. I FREAKED out at Ry's first b-day b/c he got orange frosting all over him. I truly hated for them to be dirty. Anyway, not only did I not like for my kids to look scruffy, but it bothered me when other kids looked scruffy. I mean come on moms, how long does it take to wash their face, clean the boogies out of their nose and brush their hair? Anyway, so I always said I was the founding member of M.A.S.K.- Mother's Against Scruffy Kids. As the years have gone on I have gotten lax and I truly think that if I had more than 2 kids that I would probably get booted from M.A.S.K. Rae seems to have taken every step possible to get me banned. I fix her hair and 10 minutes later she has the pony tail pulled out and she has a string of hair in her mouth !! EWWWWW !!!

So, back to the first day of school. I had to get Ry a new lunchbox yesterday. His old one is floating around Kids R Kids right now and who knows if I will ever see it again. He picked out a lunch box that looked like it would fit 4 lunches in it. I had to explain to him that he was 6, not 16. So, I broke his poor little heart and made him get a different one. I am SUCH A MEAN MOMMY !!! I also got him a new backpack. Okay....no flames.....we got him a New York Yankees sling back pack. The kid loves the Yankees for some reason. I still haven't figured it out. His favorite baseball teams are the Yankees, Cubs, Astros, and the Indians ( just b/c it has a smiling indian as the mascot !! LOL ).


I will update you and let you know how it goes. Last year Ryan had an issue w/ keeping his mouth shut and staying on task in class. Part of me is afraid that he got his Daddy's ADD, but I think society medicates children too fast. That is the easy way out. If Ryan did have ADD, it would only be slight from what I have seen and I think kids CAN fully function through that. When I was a kid only a small small handful of kids had ADD. There was only one who I remember who really needed his meds... MARK !!!!!

Whoa, I am getting off topic left and right here. Not sure what topic I was really on. We have baseball practice tonight which means he practices until close to 8:30, then has to go home, get a shower and go to bed. ( I feed him before practice folks !! ) His teacher will LOVE him tomorrow. Oh, so you know how I was sooo excited to get lots of sleep this weekend? Yeah well, last night not so much. I was ALMOST asleep, then I heard it... BEEP.... 1 minute later BEEP. Why in the hell do smoke detector batteries ALWAYS go out b/w the hours of midnight and 3 a.m.? So, I had to get up around 1 and change the battery. Two hours later I fell asleep. Two hours later I was awake for work. Sucks huh?

Okay, I have rambled enough and who knows if you actually got through this whole post !!!

Oh, T I need some more medicine !!! I am in pain right now girlie...guess I will run out to Walgreens.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

First day of school. Wow. Drake was so excited he woke up on his own around 6:45 and was already dressed and sitting on the couch when I got out of the shower. I guess it's a good thing he likes school so much. Wanna hear something pathetic .... I actually cried again when I dropped him off at class. How sad is that?? First grade and I'm still a bawling mess. God help me if it is still like this when he hits high school. LOL

PS ... Glad to hear Ry was a little more excited about going back to school. Hopefully this year will go smoother for him. He just needs to find his groove. And of course, not sit next to the bad kids.

PSS ... I guess I can't be a memeber of MASK. My kid is as scruffy as they get with that long ass hair.

About Me

My photo
28 yr old Mom to two kids. I love photography, baseball (especially little league), and spending time with my kids. My friends are my lifeline and they keep me strong !!