Thursday, August 30, 2007

Son of a sailor...

I love that Jimmy Buffet song. One of Chris's best friends is a Jimmy Buffet freak and I remember Nick always playing Jimmy Buffet whenever we would go to shoot pool. Ahhhhh, those were some fun days. That summer was so much fun. I saw my best friend almost every day ( cause she dated Nick for a little bit) and we did so much together. I miss you Christi !!!

Anyway, so I just had to post about that b/c it is on my computer's playlist and as I was opening my blog it started to play. Isn't it odd how different songs remind you of different people?

Okay, so here are some of my songs that I have on my playlist that bring back memories of old friends.

Lucky ( by Seven Mary Three)- I had never heard this song until college. I used to drive back my friend Eric Mees sometimes on the weekends and one day he made me listen to this song....I was HOOKED !!!! It has been one of my favorite songs ever since and I think it might even be on Ashley's top 10 list too.

Piano Man ( Billy Joel )- This is 100% me and Ashley's song. I am not sure how we figured out that we both loved this song, but we did and it has been "ours" ever since !!

Tiny Dancer ( Elton John)- I don't know why but this song reminds me of Rae. Maybe it is how I imagine her to be as a grown woman. I am not sure, but she is my little tiny dancer. ( well except for the "lay me down in sheets of linen" line LOL )

I Am The Greatest ( Kenny Rogers)- I made a DVD video about 2 yrs ago for Ryan's baseball team and I used this song. Ever since it has ALWAYS reminded me of him. I love it !!

Silent All These Years- ( Tori Amos) - This reminds me of my old college roommate. We used to drive around Nacagdoches and listen to that song. We thought we were bad ass girls !! Just kidding !!!

Everything That Glitters Is Not Gold ( Dan Seals)- This reminds me of my childhood and of driving in the car with my mom. That was ALWAYS "my" song. I can't remember a time in my life when I didn't know that song.

I don't think I can add audio files to this blog...I will try to figure it out though!!

Anyway, so my eye is irritated and all red again. Work ROYALLY pissed me off yesterday and made me cry. I HATE to cry and when I do, everything and anything that I am feeling comes pouring out. I bawled for like an hour, however I did get taken out to lunch by the DBC ( Dakota Blue Crew) so that I could feel better.
Anyway, I had my contacts in yesterday and by the end of the day that eye was all irritated again. I put my glasses on once I got home and now I have to wear them for at least 2-3 days. BOO !!!!

When I picked up Rae yesterday from school I was told she had a REALLY bad day. She was crying that she was hungry. Her teacher told me that she barely eats at school. That doesn't surprise me. She is a VERY picky eater and when she does eat she eats like a bird. She is just fine only having 2 meals a day. I hope today is better for her.

Ry is liking his teacher I guess...he hasn't told me much.

Teresa and I went to the gym last night. My legs are SOOOOOO sore today. It is funny, when T and I are at the gym I think we believe that no one can hear our conversations. LOL Oh my, half the stuff we talk about could make a grown man blush, so I am sure the sweet little lady behind us on the treadmills was getting an ear full !! LOL After we worked out we got in the hot tub and chatted for awhile. That hot water felt SOOOOO nice and I think I would be in even more pain today if I hadn't done that.

Anyway, that is what is going on right now. I will try to work on getting some audio files of my favorite songs on here !!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ha Ha .. I was thinking the same thing. Those poor people!! Oh well, I guarantee we are more interesting than whatever is on their IPOD.

About Me

My photo
28 yr old Mom to two kids. I love photography, baseball (especially little league), and spending time with my kids. My friends are my lifeline and they keep me strong !!