Thursday, August 23, 2007

My 3 a.m convo with a 4 yr old....

Yep, you read it right... okay, so I was EXHAUSTED last night and fell asleep watching the news. Off to dreamland I went. ( oh and if you know how jacked up my sleep has been lately, me falling asleep before 10:30 is as rare as my kids going 20 minutes without tattling or fighting !! )

So, I am peacefully asleep then all of a sudden I feel a nudge. I open my eyes and see Rae. CRAP !!! Here is our conversation that followed.

ME: Rae, what's wrong, why aren't you in bed?
RAE: I CCCCCCCCCAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNN'TTTTTTTTTTT Sleep in there, it is tooooooooo scary.
ME: Rae, you need to get back in bed mommy is sleeping.
RAE: I want to get in bed with yoooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!
( if you haven't figured it out yet, all the drawn out words are her whining, yes WHINING at 3 in the morning !!!! )
ME: No, you know you are not allowed to get in Mommy and Daddy's bed. ( OKay, some of you might be thinking that I am mean mommy about this, but( and this might be TMI LOL )Chris sleeps in the buff and well it is inappropriate as far as I can tell for a 4 yr old to be in the bed with that being the case )
RAE: PPPPPPPPPPPPPLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEE ( hey, at least she used some manners while whining )
ME: Look Rae, you can go get on the couch, in bed with your brother, or back into your bed. I don't care, but mommy is going back to sleep.

I wait a second and see her contemplating her options.

RAE: But sleeping on the couch scares me now and BBBBBBUUUUUUUUBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBAAAAAAAAAAAAA won't move over for me to get in his bed. Hey Mommy, you know what? ( CRAP CRAP Triple CRAP !! When Rae says "you know what?" then she has a LOT on her mind and she can go on forever!! )
ME: Ummm, Rae, I am not having a "you know what" converstation right now. It is late.
RAE: But mommy, I want to tell you about my dream... there were these girls and they were....
ME: Seriuosly RAE, you can tell me about your dreams tomorrow. Better yet, go back to bed and keep dreaming good dreams.
RAE: But, I CAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNTTTTTTTTTTT !!! I am aaaaaaaffffffrrrrrraaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiddddddddddd!! I want to sleep with yyyyyyyyooooooooouuuu!!!
Whatever Rae, all I know is that you are not getting in here. Figure something out.
RAE: BBBBBBBBBBBBBUUUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTTTTT IIIIIIIIIII'MMMMMMMMMMMM SSSSSSCCCCCCCCCAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDDD !!!! ( that would be But I'm Scared all drawn out and dramatic )
ME: That sounds like a personal problem Rae, Mommy is done talking and I am going to sssssssssssssllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeepppppppppppppppppp. Go find somewhere to sleeeeepppppp!!!!! ( at this point I am broken down to whining also and I am contemplating waking her Daddy up and telling him to finish the conversation !! )

I close my eyes and hear walk off. Yes, mission accomplished !! Finally, back to sleep !! I had no clue where she had decided to go back to sleep at. As long as it was in the locked compound of my house I really didn't care !!

Fast forward to this morning... I had to be at work by 6 so I was trying to be quiet and keeps light to a minumum. Needless to say, I go into the living room to see her sleeping on the couch. I won I won I won !!!!!!!! I swear this girl is going to be the death of me !!!!! Her brother has always slept like an angel, she however power sleeps ( in like 3-4 hour shifts ) and it drives me NUTS !!!!

2 comments:

Emily said...

Jill -

So glad you found my blog. Hope all is going well and you have adorable kiddos.

Mema said...

I know another little girl who use to get out of bed early in the morning. Pay backs are hell.

Mom

About Me

My photo
28 yr old Mom to two kids. I love photography, baseball (especially little league), and spending time with my kids. My friends are my lifeline and they keep me strong !!