Friday, August 31, 2007

That sweet smile....

Sometimes a smile can do wonders.

Last nigh the kids fell asleep in the car on the way home. I put them to bed without a bath knowing that I would have to get them up early and have them take a shower today.

This morning I had to be at work early, so I had to drag the kids out of bed around 5:30. They were troopers to say the very least. Rae said that her eyes weren't working, so I told her to get in the shower and I would wash her hair for her. I told her the warm water would help wake her up. So, I give her a shower and she gets out and says,
"Thank you Mommy, my eyes are working now, you made it all better" and she gave me that sweet smile. I helped her get dressed and put a pony tail in her hair. " I look like Mommy today", then that sweet smile again.
You know, I was dreading today. Work has been rough this week, but that little girl's smile makes me realize that everything is going to be okay. I know that no matter what happens today that she will have that smile waiting for me. Before I left the house I gave her a hug and a kiss and once again I looked down to see that sweet smile. Children are amazing. God is good.

This is the "sweet smile" that melts my heart every time !!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
28 yr old Mom to two kids. I love photography, baseball (especially little league), and spending time with my kids. My friends are my lifeline and they keep me strong !!