Tuesday, July 17, 2007

crap crap crap...

Excuse the language, but I am seriously freaking out here !! Chris's b-day is on Friday and I have no clue what to give him. Okay, so he was given we some hints, but come on people, how fun is it to buy a saltwater fishing reel? I am sure I will end up giving in and getting him one ( however, he is NOT getting the 280.00 one that he has his eye on !! ) Why do men like such "manly" stuff? Girls/women are SOOOO much easier to shop for. Buy them a purse, spa gift certificate, or some jewelry and they are happy as a lark. If only things were that simple with men.

There is a big group of us going out on Friday night. I am thinking Big Texas or something like that. Wherever we go we are sure to have a night of fun. Even though we are getting up there in age ( ack, quickly approaching 3o !! ) , I am happy to say that I can drink most 22 and 23 year olds under the table. ( However, this is not open for betting or discussion come Friday night. I am merely making a point here !! ) I am hoping that I can get my hands on a regular point and shoot camera for that night. I REFUSE to bring my good one.

Okay, back to the b-day thing.
Here is Chris's wish list
1. Saltwater fishing reel ( BORING !!! )
2. Waders ( those horrendous pants/suspender thingies that men wear while duck hunting or fly fishing !! )
3. A new tackle box ( Again boring, but no matter what I get I will get the WRONG one !!)

Here is what he truly "needs"

1. A lawn service to come pull all the weeds in the flower garden, b/c we are never home, nor do we want to do it ourselves
2. A 300$ gift certificate to HOme Depot so he can finish the "shed" ( aka, the open doghouse with a roof right now ) that he started back in January !!
3. A cleaning crew to come in and clean the house and do all the laundry ( whoops, that is for me, but he will benefit from it too right?? )

Anyway, any ideas are appreciated. I have run out of them all.

2 comments:

Hillary said...

I have learned my lesson when it comes to buying gifts for my husband. Get what he asks for, not something you think he may want! I also love the pictures from the beach. What program do you use to edit your pictures? You have quite a talent.

Mema said...

She is right - if you don't they will just go out and buy it anyway. This way you get to be the good wife.

Mom

About Me

My photo
28 yr old Mom to two kids. I love photography, baseball (especially little league), and spending time with my kids. My friends are my lifeline and they keep me strong !!