Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Random thought by Jill...

So as everyone knows Ryan plays baseball ( duh I know !! ) Anyway, the Storm ( the team he has always been on in the past ) and the Cubs ( the team that he sometimes subs for, tried out for their select team, goes to their practices, etc.. ) have to play eachother during the summer season. The game has been rained out twice already and there is a 50% chance of rain today. ( game is tonight) I have a feeling this game wasn't meant to be. We are tired of all this rain cancelling game after game after game. If it is raining this much now, I wonder what the winter will be like?? Am I the only one looking forward to jeans and sweaters ? It reminds me of Christmas time, my FAVORITE time of year. The funny thing is that I HATE to decorate the house. I want the tree to put itself up. I hate wrapping presents, etc.. etc.. However, I LOVE the time of year. I think I need to add a ticker to my blog... X amount of days until Christmas. What do you think?
So, what do your kids want for x-mas this year? I am boycotting small toys !! The kids ONLY play with their electronic things and Webkinz. ( Oh Shelly, I gave the kids the husky ( to Rae) and the raccoon ( to Ry) yesterday !! ) . That being said, here is our tentative list
Ryan-
1. Either a wii or a Game Boy DX ( he IS NOT getting both ) and games for whichever
2. A Hitting net for baseball ( a certain style that we do not have right now )
3. A custom Craig Biggio framed layout for his room
4. Baseball hats and more baseball hats ( we are doing one wall that is full of wooded pegs and we are trying to fill it up w/ as many different team hats as possible !! )
5. Puzzles- Ryan is into the big big puzzles now
6. Skateboard

Reagan-
1. T.V. for her room. We have been blowing this off for two years now. Her and Ryan fight over what they are going to watch all the time. Therefore, it is time to get her one.
2. Game for her leapster. She loves her leapster, so she definitely needs some more games.
3. "MAYBE" a new bike. Her other one is getting too small. She has had it since she turned 3 and she is quickly getting too tall for it.
4. A few odds and ends. Like we said no small toys.

We normally go overboaard for x-mas and that is not going to happen this year. I am going to start shopping NOW for x-mas so that I am done come December.

Wow, I really got off topic huh? Tonight is Chris's softball night. That place is fun, but the kids get all cracked out on candy and it is nearly close to impossible to get them to sleep. ( That and we don't get home until after 10:30 ). Oh, you know how I mentioned Kody being there last week? Well, Rae asked me if he was going to be there this week. So, I explained that he was going to be with his Mommy this week, and NO she wouldn't be there with Kody. Okay, so Ryan starts asking me about Kody's brother and telling me he misses playing with him. I explained that he had to live with his Mommy and that Mr. Dennis doesn't bring him b/c he isn't Christian's real Daddy. Oh My, I ended up having an hour long conversation with a six year old about divorce, what happens in divorce, etc.. etc... I think Ryan was royally confused, but what else was I going to tell him? If I give them simple answers ( i.e. NO and YES ) they just give me the , " Hey, you idiot look " and keep asking "why" until they are thoroughly satisfied. Of course I kept it on a six year old level and left out any talks of fighting and other mature matter. I just explained that they decided to live in different houses and that Kody has to take turns living at the houses. Where is Dr.Phil when you need him?

Anyway, my boss is about to walk in and I have a full day ahead of me. I hope everyone has a great day !!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
28 yr old Mom to two kids. I love photography, baseball (especially little league), and spending time with my kids. My friends are my lifeline and they keep me strong !!