Monday, July 16, 2007

I guess it's not Friday yet...

I think Monday's are the most dreaded thing of the working population. When I was a stay at home mom I loved Mondays !! That meant Chris went back to work and the kids and I could get back to our nomal schedule. How I miss the good ole' days. No wonder I drink more now than I used to, which brings me to my little story I forgot to share from yesterday.

Okay, so when Chris was at the grocery store I get a call. Okay, actually he called me no less than seven times while he was at the store. How can a grown man ( who is quite capable of making grown up decisions ) who has a LIST still manage to call seven times and ask questions about grocery shopping? Shoot, when I go grocery shopping I leave the kids with DH, take my list and SLOWLY stroll up and down the aisles. Sometimes I leave my phone at home intentionally so that I don't get phonecalls. Anyway, back to the point... So I am sitting there on the couch and my phone rings. It is Chris. He proceeds to ask me, " What kind of wine do you drink" , so I tell him which kind I prefer. I am not going to divulge the "brand " of wine I drink, but lets just call it cheap !! I have tried the expensive stuff and I will stick to my cheap wine. Why you might ask? Because if I drink the expensive stuff all I can drink is one glass. If I have more than that I will get a little toasty. Well, if you have ever witnessed bedtime in my family you will know it takes Rae more than one glass of wine to fall asleep. The bedtime process with her is at least a two glass process. Hence, the cheap wine !! Crap, I am off subject again. Anyhoo, so Chris calls and asks me this question. I ask him why are you asking me? He proceeds to tell me that he noticed that I was almost out of all my wine and that he has to "take care " of his wifey and keep her stocked up on wine. Okay, so he will buy me booze, but doesn't get anything else at the grocery store I will eat. I think he might have ulterior motives !! What do you think? I had to go BACK to the store last night to get some of "my" snacks for the week. Then I made a grilled chicken salad for dinner and proceeded to drink my two glasses of wine while Rae screamed at the top of her lungs in her bedroom that she was "NEVER GOING TO SLEEP EVER !!! " and that her "EYES AREN'T TIRED" and she " WILL NOT SHUT THEM !! " ( those are her exact words ). Now you can see why I drink and Chris keeps me stocked !!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The beach pics turned out cute. Even if you didn't think the kids were cooperating. Guess you found a way to photo shop them in together!

About Me

My photo
28 yr old Mom to two kids. I love photography, baseball (especially little league), and spending time with my kids. My friends are my lifeline and they keep me strong !!