Tuesday, July 10, 2007

In a bad mood....

I woke up in a bad mood, and it doesn't seem to be getting any better.

Seriously, at 5:15 my alarm went off and I knew it was going to be a bad day.

I get to work to find that one of the manager's put about 200 invoices in my inbox...ummm did I mention that I am trying to transition to another desk right now? Well it is not working b/c the boss of the account dept ( which I am in now ) won't back off of me and let me do some other work. She is constantly on my a$$ and is a total micro-manager. I can't stand that !! Thank goodness I am not staying in accounting b/c I think I would have found another job pronto !!

What else? Oh, I talked to one of my best friend's last night ( Christi ) and I miss her soooo much. Every time we plan on getting together something happens and it doesn't come through. I need to just suck it up and take myself up to Dallas. I know she will be here for the reunion, but that is in October and I want to see her now. We make eachother laugh and I could use some laughter today. After I talked to her last night it made me think about my other friends. I really do treasure them !! Theresa makes me better myself. She has this way of making me want to push myself to do things better. If I have a problem ( especially a married wifey problem) I know I can go to Theresa and she will help me make sense of it all. Sash ( Ashley) is my alter-ego. She is the me that is unmarried and without kids. Our lives are so parallel, yet in two different realms. Plus, if I need a fun night away I know that she will step up to the plate and fulfill that need !! ( although Theresa does a great job of throwing back the drinks and the shots as well ). Betsy and Laura keep me focused. I haven't had much time with them lately, but I have been so busy that I feel like I see them for maybe 10 minutes before I get distracted with kids and other things. I did have a fun time hanging out on the 4th with them. I also have my friends who I have reconected with lately. That is Lacie, Meredith, Hillary, Ryen, and a few others. With them there is so much history that I know I can just be myself. I also have the place in my heart for friends lost. No point in naming names, but there are just people in my life who at one point I held dearly. For some reason or another the friendship did not belong in my life. Maybe there was too much drama, not enough trust, or just plain bitchiness. However, I will never hate these people. They were in my life for a reason. They were there to teach me lessons and better myself. I don't regret that at all.

Enough rambling I guess. I am still in a piss poor mood and I am ready for work to be over already. However, it is only 8 ( I have been here for almost 1.5 hours as it is ) and I have 8 hours to go. It is going to be one of "those" days.

Thank goodness for baseball tonight to lighten my mood !!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
28 yr old Mom to two kids. I love photography, baseball (especially little league), and spending time with my kids. My friends are my lifeline and they keep me strong !!