Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Finally....

I can finally get to the computer !! Okay, so here has been the run down of my day...

1. Wake up and realize that my left eye is matted shut and won't open... WONDERFUL !! So, I get up, look in the mirror and realize that I have a massive eye infection. The only good point is that it is not pink eye. You see, I am really bad about sleeping in my contacts so it is no surprise that I got this infection. Here is the kicker. I cannot find my old glasses and I have NO contacts left. I can't take the contact out of my eye b/c then I will be blind as a bat. Therefore I go to work and leave it in.

2. I get to work and start getting prepared to train the new lady. ( the one going into accounting to replace me ). My eye is throbbing by this point. She comes in and I realize that these next few days are going to be HORRIBLE. I am not good at training people. I just assume that they should know things. Okay... if you have been doing accounts payable for the past 15 years ( this lady has supposedly ) then you should know the difference between a cost code and a general ledger. I won't go into details, but this lady has a long road in front on her.

3. At 9:30 I leave work and head to memorial city mall so that I can get my eyes examined and hopefully get some new contacts or glasses.

4. At 11:00 I am STILL sitting at Eye Masters waiting to be seen. GRRRRRRRRR !!! When the doctor finally examined my eyes he lectured me about my eyes and said that he is not going to fit me with contacts until Friday. That is great, but how was I going to see?? Sooo off to pick out frames I go !!!

5. At 1:00 I get my glasses and head back to work. Lets add this up... I have lost 3.5 hrs of work time ( did I mention I was supposed to be training the "lady without a clue "? ).

6. I get back to work at 1:30 and start the training process again. The sales/marketing director makes it well known that I will be in marketing full time starting Monday. ( This is fine with me b/c I am sooo sick of accounting !! ) The controller wasn't too happy about it so I had to play mediator between these two "adults ".

7. At 5:00 I finally called it quits and headed out.

8 . 6:00, I get home and find out the cats are out of food and they are yelling at me !! I am not kidding. All three cats sit on the tile floor and meow at the tops of their kitty lungs.

9. 8:00, the kids are upstairs and ready for bed, however I am tooooo tired to get up there. Chris is sleeping on the couch right now. Guess someone is about to get woken up so he can put the kids to bed !!

By the way, my new glasses are really cute. I think they fit my personality. When I have on make-up and everything I will take a picture ( not today that is for sure !! ) I am sure I have bored you to tears, but hell, it is my blog. If you don't like it then don't read it !! HA !!

Good night. Time to shower up and get to sleep !!

Nighty Night !!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
28 yr old Mom to two kids. I love photography, baseball (especially little league), and spending time with my kids. My friends are my lifeline and they keep me strong !!