Monday, July 9, 2007

Taking a break....

I needed a break from all the crazy paperwork on my desk, so I decided to come over here for a few minutes. I am exhausted. I had a hard time sleeping last night and didn’t go to sleep until about 2. I had to be up at 5:30 for work. I am sure I will exhausted tonight. Ryan is feeling better !! His rash had cleared up for the most this morning. I think Chris gave him Benadryl just to be safe. ( so that neither of us would get a call at work to come get him ) Yesterday was a day of baseball and during the course of the day I came to a realization and figured I would share.

So before we went to our games yesterday I was sitting on the couch curled up with Ryan watching the Astros play the mets. It was a great game. Our boys were hitting, fielding, etc… I really enjoy watching the Astros when they are ON their game.
Anyway, we go to Ryan’s game and immediately I thought of the Astros game. I wondered what kind of players they were at the age of six. ( Please note I am not comparing my son to an Astros player). I mean, every baseball player starts somewhere and falls in love with the game. I remember playing softball and thoroughly loving the sport. I can see my son’s love for game as he grabs up the ball, steps on second and makes his out, or when he gets up to bat and twirls his bat around just daring the opposing team to get him out. I have seen my son catch pop fly’s, stop hard hit grounders, and hit triples when it really counts. Ryan is only six. I can’t wait to see what kind of a player he will be when he is 10 !! Who knows if he will continue loving the game. I hope he does. I see the boys on all the teams and I applaud all the parents for taking the time out of their hectic days to introduce this amazing game into their lives. It is not about winning or losing. We should know, we are playing up in 7U this summer and keep getting demolished by the boys that really ARE 7 and who are going on the 2nd grade. We won almost every game this spring and it gave the boys a taste of victory. Now it is their time to taste defeat,

Okay, so off of baseball, but on the subject of Ryan. As parents we all love our children with all our might, but have you ever had a time in your life where you felt like you fell in love with them all over again? That is kind of the way it has been with Ryan and I lately. I was off last Wed-Friday and Ryan was sick. I made Rae go to school and Bubba stayed with me. We had so many conversations and just cuddle time. Oh and if any of you REALLY know Ryan, he doesn’t just “have” conversations. Ryan talks when necessary. He is not now and never has been a chatterbox. ( That is Rae’s department) I always knew Ryan and I were a lot alike, but it finally hit home this past week. He is an amazing child. He has a sense of humor that strikes at the oddest of moments. He is VERY loving and cuddly. He is also energetic and appreciates the time we spend with him. Even while he was sick he was asking me to play catch with him. ( Chris throws him heaters, so Ryan would rather play with me !! I am accurate, just not as hard ) I guess the point of this paragraph is that if you have a child who you usually butt head’s with, spend some extra time with them. You will probably realize how lucky you are !!

Okay, so a few petty things before I go. Chris starts his baseball ( softball) league on Tuesday. He is looking forward to it. He is on a team with his friend Dennis and some boyfriend’s of a few girls I have known through Dennis. It should be fun. I am sorry for not posting a lot of pics lately. I have not been taking them like I should. Hopefully that will change this weekend now that the rain has let up a little. I guess my little break is over and it is time to turn my attention back to my paperwork.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
28 yr old Mom to two kids. I love photography, baseball (especially little league), and spending time with my kids. My friends are my lifeline and they keep me strong !!