Thursday, September 13, 2007

I am trying out a new "theme" so to speak. It won't stay, but these days it fits me!! I don't really have anything interesting to blog about.

Oh, yesterday Rae had the WORST tantrum I have ever seen in my life. We get home from daycare and the kids are wanting a snack. I told them no b/c I was about to fix them something for dinner. ( Ry had baseball practice and I wanted to feed them before we left)

Rae: I wwwwaaannnnttt a ssssnnnnnaaaaccckkkk ( I want a snack in 4yr old whiny voice)

Me: Rae, I told you no snack. I am about to fix dinner.

Rae: Buuuttt I nnneeevvveeerrrr hhhhaaaddd a ssssnnnnaaaccckkk ( but I never had a snack).

Me: I said NO!!!

She sits down on the tile floor and starts crying.

Me: Don't start or you will go to your room and there will be no dinner.

Rae looks at me and proceeds to scream at the top of her lungs ( and I am talking a shrill scream that could shatter windows !! )

Rae: I HATE YOU !!!! ( there was no whining, just straight up I hate you!! )

I was seeing RED. She proceeded to stand up and scream and scream and scream !!!!!

What did I do??? I started laughing. I couldn't help it. She was so mad and so pissed off about a snack!!!

Me: You have got to be kidding me. Rae go to your room.

Rae: NO!!!!!

Me: Go to your room NOW !!!

Rae stomps up the stairs and slams her door. Shit, I am in trouble in about 10 years. If she does this at 4 what in the hell will she do when she is 14?

Maybe I can get a two for one deal on the military school !!!!

I let her come down when dinner was ready and she ate and apologized. Ugh, what is it with kids?

That was the highlight of my night. Ry had baseball practice and was like a freaking pogo ball out there. He couldn't stay still. I don't know what his problem was.

Oh, I finished my other book. It is "The Plain Truth" by Jodi Picoult. I have read about 5 of her books now and I am on the hunt for more. She is an amazing story teller. I am picky about what authors I like to read and very rarely do I find an author where I want to read EVERYTHING they have ever written. The last author I was this crazy about was Amy Tan. ( she wrote the "Joy Luck Club") I think I have read everything she has written as well. Anyway, I was up until about one reading and then I went to bed. I was so tired that I immediately fell into a deep sleep. I was having the most livid and wonderful dreams. I have always been able to remember my dreams, but last night they were amazing !!!

Time to get to work and get this Thursday over with. We have yet another baseball practice tonight ( 3rd this week). I am going to try to contain my excitement!! ( can you sense the sarcasm? )

No comments:

About Me

My photo
28 yr old Mom to two kids. I love photography, baseball (especially little league), and spending time with my kids. My friends are my lifeline and they keep me strong !!