Monday, September 10, 2007

A Monday...

Today is a Monday and like most Mondays I woke up on the wrong side of the bed...

Okay, most mornings I wake up REALLY early bug, you see, I am NOT a morning person. I never have and I never will be. I am a night owl. Anyway, last night I as up until about midnight or so reading. By the time I turned off the t.v and went to sleep it was around 1:30 or so. Therefore, 5 came REALLY early this morning. I kept hitting snooze. Finally around 5:45 or so I fell someone poking me. It was Rae and she was already awake. This doesn't surprise me since she fell asleep at 6 last night. Anyway, she was ALREADY whining. I told her to go lay on the couch and I would be out there after my shower. I hop in the shower only to realize that my new body wash and razors were in the kitchen...great. I get out and get these things. Rae tries to strike up a conversation with me as I run through the living room clenching my towel and freezing my hiny off. Ack, are you kidding me...a conversation at 5:45... that is NOT going to happen. So, I hop in the shower, get out and again she is waiting for me. ( ready to try for that conversation again... double ack !!! ) So, I get dressed and go to the living room to get Rae dressed. I hear my name being yelled from the shower. Chris is out of soap and needs more. The morning continues like this. Rae keeps talking, Ryan wakes up in a FOUL mood ( he is my child !! ) and is having melt down after melt down. I haven't had two minutes of peace and I am quickly losing it. Finally the kids are in the truck and I am ready to go and.... I can't find my cell phone. I turned it off the night before b/c the batteries were dying so I couldn't even call it to figure out where it went. CRAP !! I spend 15 minutes looking for my POS I like to call a phone and FINALLY get out the door. I was in a better mood the minute I got in my car b/c for once that morning I had PEACE AND QUIET !!!! So,there is my morning... a total Monday.

This week is going be a long one. We have a lot of sports and a lot of stuff going on. As of this morning I am not ready for it... nope not one bit. I am still drained physically and emotionally from this weekend. I hope I find the energy and strength somewhere this week.

Okay, to end this post on a positive note...
Has everyone heard a new song on the radio whose words are like this...
"Baby, where'd you get that body from?" "Baby, where'd you get that body from?"

Okay, well Rae has heard this song somewhere. The other night Rae and I were sitting in the car waiting for Ry to finish up baseball practice and this song came on the radio.
The person on the radio is singing:
"Baby, where'd you get that body from?" "Baby, where'd you get that body from?"

Reagan bust out with the next words ( which really are the words in the song)
"I got it from my Mamma, I got it from my Mamma". I just about peed my pants. She was in tune, on que and said it with such diva attitude. It was so funny. Oh and yep, she is right..I have a feeling Rae is going to be built JUST like me.... poor kid !! LOL

3 comments:

Julie {Angry Julie Monday} said...

Good Morning Sunshine!

I'm at work like you!! You always entertain me!!!!

Oh, and that song is from will.i.am from the Black Eyed Peas..I got it from my mama. :) It's on my MySpace profile!

Smootches!

Lacie said...

Hey chica, hope your week gets better.

Mema said...

I can feel things going on with you and it worries me just a bit. Maybe I need one of our long mother daughter talks. Those have been few and far between. Just remember I might be your mom but I am also your oldest friend. Sounds like you need one about now.

About Me

My photo
28 yr old Mom to two kids. I love photography, baseball (especially little league), and spending time with my kids. My friends are my lifeline and they keep me strong !!