Wednesday, September 26, 2007

On a Roll....

Folks... while some areas of life have been hellacious, there has one been one great thing that has happened this week. Ryan has been on green for two days in a row now !! The teacher sent home a good note as well yesterday that I proudly put on the refigerator to display. Ry has been having so many problems that I almost cried when I saw that note !! He even told me how he stayed away from Emily and ignored her when she started teasing him. ( Emily is a little girl in his class that I compare to the "bad seed"... seriously...creepy evil child ) I am hoping and praying that Ry will stay on this road. Yes, I know he will have slip ups, but I hope this shows him that the rewards for good behavior far outweighs the punishment for bad behavior.

I am getting sick...thanks Christi !! LOL Yep, my glands are swollen and I feel HORRIBLE today, not to mention that I got a spider bite last night and part of my left arm is knotted and swollen. Ry has baseball tonight, but I will leave him and Rae there with Chris so that I can go workout. Man, I need that stress relief. I am still VERY sore from my workout with T on Monday, but it is soooo worth it. Don't you love the feeling of having your stomach muscles ACHE when you laugh or cough ( because you have actually worked them out and used them ). I have been told that I have a 4 pack right now LOL....not quite a 6 pack, but a few lines none the less !! LOL

Before we go a few words....

What I must do is all that concerns me, not what the people think. This rule, equally arduous in actual and intellectual life, may serve for the whole distinction between greatness and meanness. It is the harder, because you will always find those who think they know what is your duty better than you know it. It is easy in the world to live after the world's opinion; it is easy in solitude to live after our own; but the great person is one who in the midst of the crowd keeps with perfect sweetness the independence of solitude. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

( while he is not always easy to follow, take a minute and really READ these words... then let it sink it... )

Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved. - Helen Keller

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ify me and do the same thing.Ralph Waldo Emerson also said "If we cannot at once rise to the sanctities of obedience and faith, let us at least resist our temptations; let us enter into the state of war and wake Thor and Woden, courage and constancy, in our Saxon breasts. This is to be done in our smooth times by speaking the truth. Check this lying hospitality and lying affection. Live no longer to the expectation of these deceived and deceiving people with whom we converse. Say to them, 'O father, O mother, O wife, O brother, O friend, I have lived with you after appearances hitherto. Henceforward I am the truth's. Be it known unto you that henceforward I obey no law less than the eternal law. I will have no covenants but proximities. I shall endeavor to nourish my parents, to support my family, to be the chaste husband of one wife,—but these relations I must fill after a new and unprecedented way. I appeal from your customs. I must be myself. I cannot break myself any longer for you, or you. If you can love me for what I am, we shall be the happier. If you cannot, I will still seek to deserve that you should. I will not hide my tastes or aversions. I will so trust that what is deep is holy, that I will do strongly before the sun and moon whatever inly rejoices me and the heart appoints. If you are noble, I will love you; if you are not, I will not hurt you and myself by hypocritical attentions. If you are true, but not in the same truth with me, cleave to your companions; I will seek my own. I do this not selfishly but humbly and truly. It is alike your interest, and mine, and all men's, however long we have dwelt in lies, to live in truth. Does this sound harsh to-day? You will soon love what is dictated by your nature as well as mine, and if we follow the truth it will bring us out safe at last.'—But so may you give these friends pain. Yes, but I cannot sell my liberty and my power, to save their sensibility. Besides, all persons have their moments of reason, when they look out into the region of absolute truth; then will they justify me and do the same thing.

About Me

My photo
28 yr old Mom to two kids. I love photography, baseball (especially little league), and spending time with my kids. My friends are my lifeline and they keep me strong !!