Wednesday, September 19, 2007

No more Mommy....

I do not want to hear this word or any other form of the word "Mommy" for at least 12 hours. Ugh...seriously I can't hear the word anymore tonight.

So, I pick up Ry from daycare and he looks at me and says,

Ry: "Mommy I got on yellow today, but was good in the afternoon so I got a good note from the teacher"

Me: sighhhhh..." Well Ry, that is a step up from you being on red yesterday."

So, I look at the note and it says that he is trying harder, working on keeping his hands to himself, blah blah blah blah .....

I go to get Rae...

Rae: " Mommy, mommy mommy mommy, ( and you wonder why I get tired of hearing this word ) I was good today, I was on green and I got stickers."

Me: " Good job Rae"

Rae: " Mommy, mommy, mommy?.... (she is trying to get my attention while I am trying to read her daily paper)Are you proud of me? "

Me: "Of course Rae, I am always proud of you "

So, off we go to the car while the kids are talking, but all I seem to be hearing is "mommy, mommy, mommy, mom, mom, mmmmmooooommmmm ( the whiny version is the worst )

Now please don't get the wrong idea, I LOVE being their mom, I absolutely LOVE it, but some days I just don't want to hear "mommy".

We got home and I fix them cereal. Oh, real quick, funny thing... When I was picking up Rae today they did an "all about me" page. This was hers...

Name: Reagan Katie

Favorite Food: Cereal and Ice Cream ( there has literally been times when that is what she has for dinner...yep, just hand me that mother of the year award now !! )

Like to Play: Soccer,Cheerleading and Dress up. ( she would play soccer in a tutu and dress up heels if I would let her !! )

What I want to be when I grow up: Girl Race Car Driver ( where in the hell did that come from??? Chica has NEVER talked about being a race car driver...I bet you the boys in her class had some influence on that one!! )

There were some other questions, but those were the ones I remember off the top of my head.

So anyway, back to my night...I feed the kids cereal, we all get changed for baseball practice.

We go to baseball practice and even though the Chris and I are BOTH there, the kids only seem to recognize the fact that I am there. Ryan keeps coming over, "Mommy, I want a hug" Okay, I know you are thinking how sweet.... no he really doesn't want a hug. He was just trying to find something else to do so he wouldn't hustle. Rae was playing with some of the kids and all of a sudden I hear, "mmmmmooooooommmmmmmmmmmmy, mmmmmmmmmmooooommmmmmmmmyyyyyyyy, mmmmmmmmmmmoooooommmmmmmmmmmmmyyyyyyyy ( over and over and over again ). I figured I couldn't keep ignoring her, so I look over and she has fallen in the mud and one of her legs was totally covered. This is sooooo my day !! Then it is time for batting practice, Ry asks, "why am I always last to bat?" Me- Ummmm, b/c you are too busy trying to give me hugs and lolligag and you were the last over here. However, I was a little peturbed ( is that how you spell it? ) b/c the coach watched all the kids bat and then when Ry was up he went to his truck to get the baseball cards...I don't think he watched Ry at all...but whatever, at this point I had a headache and I just wanted to go home. Ry DID hit some good hits though. Too bad the coach didn't see!! LOL

So, I get in the car only to find out that Ry had gotten in trouble at daycare. He had thrown something at the teacher. WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY did he have to get his Daddy's temper??? Ugh... that child gets pissed and throws stuff. It drives me crazy. Now my dear sweet kids are sleeping. Funny how they become sweet angels the minute their eyes close. My head is still pounding and I am going to take me and my grumpy mood to bed.

GOOD NIGHT !!!

1 comment:

Mema said...

It can be irritating at times - but think how it would be if you never heard that word again from them. I think its the most beautiful word in the world - next to Mema maybe. I still turn around in the store when I hear a little girl call out "MOM"

About Me

My photo
28 yr old Mom to two kids. I love photography, baseball (especially little league), and spending time with my kids. My friends are my lifeline and they keep me strong !!