Thursday, September 27, 2007

Super Star....

So, I pick up Ry from daycare yesterday and he tells me he was on green AGAIN and that he had a good day....then..... the daycare teacher pulls me aside and says she wants to talk to me. I am thinking, "Oh shit, here we go " Anyway, she said Ry has been like a different kid this week. She said that he has been following 100% of the directions, keeping his hands to himself, and while he is still the goofy Ry we all know, that he has been soooo good this week. She said he is on his way to being the "SUPERSTAR STUDENT" of the week !!

My kid...the superstar??? You're kidding me right??? I just kept telling him over and over again how proud I was of him !!! He kept asking me, "Are you proud that I am being good Mom? " I couldn't tell him YES !!! enough. I know why he is different this week and this validates the fact I have made the right decision. I haven't seen him this happy in months. It really does bring tears to my eyes.

Oh, he also got his Wednesday folder and there was NO behavior marks at all !!!! This is the first time EVER since he started Kinder. that he has had NO behavior checks!! Again, proves to me that as his mother I am doing the right thing right now.

We had baseball practice and he was even more attentive and alert there. The dads tried to nickname him "Sleepy" last week ( which I WAS NOT having ). I think Ry is slowly proving that the name doesn't fit. I truly hope he stays on this road.

We have a game tonight and I cannot wait to pump him up and get him excited about doing his best out there.

For now this is my post b/c, well.... Ry deserves a post all about him and his amazing progress and improvement !!! He really is my superstar !!!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
28 yr old Mom to two kids. I love photography, baseball (especially little league), and spending time with my kids. My friends are my lifeline and they keep me strong !!