Friday, September 7, 2007

I got sucked in...

and I swore I wouldn't...to the MTV show Newport Harbor. Yes, I know this show is for the younger generation, but I can't help but watch it and be fascinated. It brings back sooooo many memories of when I was a teenager. I used to watch Laguna Beach and I loved that show as well. I am so weak I tell you.

So I posted a bulletin on myspace and it was a questionaire thingy about my Senior Year. Well, one of my old friends sent me a message about one of my answers. I realized then just how twisted and crazy things were back then. We were just like the kids on Newport Harbor ( minus driving the Range Rovers and sunbathing on daddy's yacht ). Minus all the money we were pretty much the same. It was all about who liked who, who was hooking up with who, etc...etc... One of the questions was would you go back and do it again. In a heartbeat. Would I make some different decisions? I'm not sure really. I mean now that everything is said and done it all turned out great and in return I have some amazing friends, so who is to say that I would do anything different. All of that made up part of who I am today you know? (even the shittiest, darkest days)

Here are some of my favorite highschool memories ( these aren't all senior year ones)

- After the floods of 94' I remember being trapped in my neighborhood with my parents for like 3 days. The minute I could get out I went straight to Hillary's house and stayed there for 48 hours I think. Our boyfriends were best friends and so were we. I remember hanging out with them and waching movies. We were soooo innocent back then. Gotta love puppy love.

-On the subject of Hillary's house I remember her mom would always make me chocolate chip cookies without the chocolate chips ( because I didn't eat chocolate for like 5 years.... weird I know, but if you know me you know I am a weird eater anyway). Her mom also made these greenbeans that were TDF. She taught me how to make them and I still make them to this day!! The first bite always reminds me of standing in their kitchen and waiting for them to be ready. Hill-you and I grew apart towards the end of our highschool years, but sooooo many memories are with you in them !!!! Love ya girlie !!!

-I remember one night I snuck out with Lacie and as we were climbing in the bedroom window my mom was standing right there. Bless my mom's heart...she NEVER told Lacie's parents. I think I got grounded for a week or something lame like that (sorry Mom, but you were LENIANT on me....don't know if my kids will be that lucky!!)

-I said this in the bulletin thing, but I remember a party over at Tamara's house and I got a flat tire b/c I ran over a beer bottle. In my drunken mind I thought that I could fix it with duck tape ( let me add here that you CANNOT fix a flat with duck tape). That same night I had to bring Jess home with me b/c she was too drunk to drive ( I had sobered up from the flat tire incident)

- Okay, last one... I remember spending MANY a nights on a certain trampoline ( don't ask MOM !! ) and driving home on the back roads behind my neighborhood. One morning ( Yes Mom, that is where I was coming from when I came home at 7 in the morning) I was driving home and there was an OSTRICH in the middle of the road. There was an ostrich/emu farm behind our neighborhood and I guess one had gotten out. I knew better than to get out of my truck. So, I had to sit there for like 20 minutes until the damn thing would move. To this day Chris doesn't believe me or thinks I was all hyped up on something ( which I was NOT !!! ).

Wow, I have soooo many more, but these are the ones that just popped into my head.

Wait, one more sorry, this one was AFTER highschool, but really funny none the less. Actually I think it was the Christmas after highschool. Okay, so does everyone remember night moves??? Okay, well Christi and I ( and some other people ) went there one night. We chugged cups of vodka and something mixed with it on the way up there and then proceeded to take shots of vodka and crown I believe before we went in. Needless to say we were TRASHED !! It was an interesting night to say the least. Christi, can you say random boys????? Anyway, when we went to take her home her mother was waiting up for her and this was the conversation..LOL just thinking about typing it.

Christi's Mom- Christi are you drunk?
Christi- ( as she leans against the wall to hold herself up)- NO, Mom, I am not DDDDDrunk.
Christi's Mom- Christi are you drunk?
Christ- ( as she begins to crawl her way to the stairs)- No Mom,I am just tired...I am nnnnnoooooottt DDDDDDRunk.

Can you see where this is going? I did not want the wrath of her mom so I quickly slipped out of the house and took my happy ass home !! LOL Christi's mom thought I was a bad influence on her. Nope, not the case, we just didn't make the best decisions together sometimes !!

I had hit publish post, when I thought of one more..

-This happened the summer after my senior year. Kam and I hung out ALL the time. I remember one night ( in the middle of the week ) we decided to go party at our friend's lake house ( ON LAKE LIVINGTSTON !!!! ). I kind of remember that night (again sorry Mom, I wasn't as innocent as you thought, you might want to stop reading now !! LOL ). Kam, that was the night where I to decide between two guys right??? LOL Anyway, I remember waking up the next morning ( well it was 10 in the morning) and thinking OH SHIT WHERE AM I? Here is the kicker...I had a job that summer as an intern at a REAL company. I had to call in and make up some crap about being sick. Oh and with the mention of Kam, can I just say that whole summer was one big FUN memory!!! I could go on and on about that one. We were nuts girl. I think the whole Friday soundtrack was our motto to live by that summer. Lova ya chica !!

Okay, done now and hitting publish post !!

2 comments:

Emily said...

Great memories. I have a few with you in them..the one I can think of now is when we and a certain ex-boyfriend of mine would skip 7th period Speech class together and go hang out at your house. The kicker was our teacher knew we were skipping but she made sure we left our backpacks in the classroom so we'd have to come back to school to get them. Too funny!

Julie {Angry Julie Monday} said...

You crack me up woman!!!

Can you guess what high school I went to? Don't be jealous or anything..........Newport Harbor, Class of 1993!

About Me

My photo
28 yr old Mom to two kids. I love photography, baseball (especially little league), and spending time with my kids. My friends are my lifeline and they keep me strong !!