Sunday, September 30, 2007

A different kind of hurt....

We told the kids today.... I thought my heart had felt pain before, but until a six year old little boy curls up into your body sobbing because his heart is broken then you will truly never know pain. Those eyes and face that are the spitting image of mine looked back at me with so much heartache and confusion. I wish I could fix everything in his world right now but I can't. I know that in time his world, although different will become right again. I want the people that are around him to remember how much this little boy is hurting and that he didn't ask for this. He may be different for a little bit, but I know Ry will see that he has a mother and father who love him with their whole heart and soul and that everything will be okay.

I do not mean to leave Rae out of this. She just doesn't understand it all. The adjustment will probably be easier for her. She has a different spirit than Ry and she tends to see only rainbows and unicorns ( so to speak ). Her world is always fine and dandy. Of course we will show her as much as we always have and more so. The same with Ry.

I know this post is heavy, but this blog is about my life. My life IS heavy right now. For my friends and family who have offered their love and support I thank you. It means the world to me right now. Now I just have to fix my children's world.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there! You are strong & have to be strong for the kiddos.

I can't imagine the pain you & your family are going through right now.

I'm here for you if you need anything.

Heather

Anonymous said...

Keep your chin up. I know the past week has been hard and the coming weeks probably aren't going to be much better but you can make it. You are a strong woman with a good heart. Life will right itself ... I promise. As for the kids, Ry and Rae know how much you and Chris love them. Yes this is going to be a hard road for them but they will survive. If there is ANYTHING you all need, Steven and I are here.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry Jill. It's going to be hard for everyone involved for a while, but it will get better. Ry and Rae will have a better mommy and daddy, change is always hard. I am here for you if you need me ANYTIME!!!! Big Hugs

About Me

My photo
28 yr old Mom to two kids. I love photography, baseball (especially little league), and spending time with my kids. My friends are my lifeline and they keep me strong !!