Friday, September 7, 2007

Military School...here we come...

If you think I am joking, think again. Please, someone, anyone tell me there is a military school for 1st graders. Shit, the child hasn't been in school for 10 days and I am already getting calls.

About an hour ago my phone rings. Here is the conversation:

Teacher: Mrs.H, this is Mrs. G. I am calling regarding Ryan. ( at this point my blood starts to boil. EVERY single call I have ever gotten from his teachers have been on a Friday afternoon !!

Me: Yes, how can I help you?

Teacher: I have been having problems with Ryan this week and I need to discuss them with you. ( Wow, last year at least I got a "Ryan is a very smart little boy and is so loveable and sweet"...nope not this year...this year it is, " Your son pissed me off and you are the parent so f'in do something about it !!")

Me: What has he done this time?

Teacher: Well, I wanted to let you know that I sent a note home about an incident that happened in class on Wednesday.

Me: Yes, I dind't get the note.

Teacher: That is because Ryan finally confessed today that he ripped out the note and threw it away. ( My blood pressure, which is usually uncommonly low is now RISING FASTER AND FASTER !! )

Teacher: I wrote a note because he was misbehaving and talking back to me. I put him in a chair and told him he needed to be quiet. He said, "Make Me!! ". ( ummm, WTH??? If he ever said that to me he would have soap in his mouth in a heartbeat...yup, go ahead and call CPS, but I would MAKE HIM miserable if he thinks he can talk to people like that !! )

Teacher: Once he sat down he started throwing rubber blocks at all the kids in the room. ( again, where is this coming from??? My child is no angel by any means, but he is 6.5 and temper tantrums are usually left to Rae !! ).

Me: ( under my breather)"I am going to kill him !!" ( no I am not really going to kill him, but I will make his life miserable this weekend !! )

Me: I am sorry he is behaving like this, his Dad and I will handle this situation.

The conversation went on for another 10 minutes or so about how CRAPPY Ry has been acting, but I won't translate all of that.

All I know is that Ry is GROUNDED for the weekend which means....
NO SPORTS
NO PARTIES
NO FUN !!!

He will be writing sentences as much as possible. They will read something like this.

I will not be rude to my teacher.
I will not throw things.
I will be quiet in class.
I will sit still on the carpet.
I will not drive my mom crazy anymore.
I will not be a bratty shit anymore. ( okay, not the last two, but you get my point!!)

Good thing I am meeting Sash for drinks after work. I don't think I could handle seeing him right now. I am too mad !!!!!

He better be careful or there will be no baseball next week either!!!

HEATHEN !!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Uh oh. I'd hate to be in Ryan's shoes when y'all get home tonight. Call me later if you need to vent.

Anonymous said...

Kidz! I've been there, done that. They are A students, Promise Makers and Leaders in their school. Plans for college are in the making. It gets better and better and worse then better. LOL. We have to do the best we can. I'm sure Ryan will be just fine.

Mema said...

OK as his Mema I am so tempted to stand up for him. However no excause for being rude to the teacher. I have to admit he has told me before to "make him" when I ask him to do something. This did not fly as you know. But I took care of it so don't get on him about that. I just wonder if there is some reason for his attitude. Have you had a calm -mother son conversation. Not trying to tell you how to punnish Ryan, that your call. Just don't do anything in anger. Let him know that above all you love him. It always worked on you.

About Me

My photo
28 yr old Mom to two kids. I love photography, baseball (especially little league), and spending time with my kids. My friends are my lifeline and they keep me strong !!